Week 11 of the 2012 NFL season is upon us and the Baltimore Ravens will be hitting the road as they travel to their arch rival, the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Ravens have listed 14 players on the injury report this week.
Of the 14 players on the injury report seven were listed as full participants, five were limited participants and two did not practice:
- Full Participants – S Sean Considine (knee/chest), ILB Dannell Ellerbe (finger), S Bernard Pollard (chest), S Ed Reed (shoulder/leg/neck), RB Ray Rice (toe), OLB Terrell Suggs (ankle), and OLB Courtney Upshaw (shoulder).
- Limited Participants – WR/RS Jacoby Jones (ankle), DE Pernell McPhee (thigh), DT Haloti Ngata (shoulder), WR Torrey Smith (chest), and G Bobbie Williams (ankle).
- Did not Practice – CB Jimmy Smith (abs) and G/T Marshal Yanda (ankle).
Of the limited participants and did not practice players, a few of their statuses are uncertain for this Sunday's game against the hated Steelers. Jones, Smith, Williams, and Ngata all should be good to go on Sunday, the only question in regards to those four players is how much Ngata will play and how effective he will be. McPhee was out last week against Oakland and it is uncertain whether or not he will suit up this Sunday. Although Yanda did not practice yesterday, it is believed that he was simply given the day off to rest the ankle and he should be suiting up come Sunday. It was just announced that Smith is set to have groin surgery and there has not been a time table presented for when he will return, but the injury will not be season ending, obviously he will not be playing this week. We had a feeling Smith was really hurting when Baltimore signed free agent corner back Chris Johnson earlier this week.
This week is one of those weeks that Baltimore players look forward to the most and undoubtedly if a player can suit up, he is going to play. The game may have lost a little luster with Ben Roethlisberger being out at quarterback for Pittsburgh, but it is still Ravens Steelers. The Ravens will be looking for their third win in a row and a commanding two game lead in the AFC North when they lock horns on Sunday Night Football against the Steelers.
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.Ravens101.com/BaltimoreRavens101
Follow us on Twitter @BaltRavens101
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Baltimore Ravens Mid-Week Injury Report for Week 10 Matchup Against Oakland Raiders
- Baltimore Ravens Mid-week Injury Report for Week 9 Matchup Against Cleveland Browns
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mto