Week 11 of the 2012 NFL season is upon us and it is Steelers week as the Baltimore Ravens will travel to Pittsburgh tomorrow to take on the rival Steelers on Sunday Night Football. As in any game there are some key matchups to watch for, and this game will be no different.
- Ravens front seven vs Steelers running back core: With Ben Roethlisberger out for Sunday's game, the Steelers will likely rely heavily on their great group of running backs that have produced a 100 yard rusher in three of the last four games, and Rashard Mendenhall will be returning from injury this week as well.
- Corey Graham vs Steelers wide receivers: Ravens CB Jimmy Smith is out indefinitely after having a sports hernia surgery this week, so Graham will be getting the starting nod and he better prepare for Pittsburgh testing him early and often with the speedy wide receivers they have at their disposal. Antonio Brown is out for Sunday's game, but Pittsburgh still has Mike Wallace and Emanuel Sanders to test Graham.
- Ravens offensive line vs Steelers defensive line: Baltimore's offensive line has had its' fair share of struggles on the road, but have looked better as of late. They will be trying to hold back the number one ranked total defense in the NFL tomorrow, and attempt to keep Joe Flacco off of his back, if they can do that, Flacco may be able to pick apart the Steelers secondary.
- Joe Flacco and Cam Cameron vs Steelers defense: As aforementioned, Pittsburgh's defense is ranked number one in the NFL in total defense, but also rank number one is fewest passing yards allowed per game, and it will be interesting to see how Flacco and Cam Cameron try to find ways to throw the football. Last week we saw a resurgence of the Baltimore tight ends, thus we may see them get targeted more often, which could greatly help Flacco with dump downs. Cameron will have to utilize the run if he wants to be able to successfully use the play action.
Both teams are currently on winning streaks with Baltimore trying to win its third straight and Pittsburgh looking for win number five in a row, but the real prize in the game is the battle for the top spot in the AFC North as the winning team will lead the division after the game. Although Byron Leftwich is starting in place of the injured Roethlisberger, this is still going to be a hard fought, AFC North battle.
Check back tomorrow for our weekly Fantasy Football predictions of the week.
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRavens101
Follow us on Twitter @BaltRavens101
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Baltimore Ravens VS Pittsburgh Steelers Week 11 Preview
- Baltimore Ravens Key Matchups to Watch for This Sunday VS Cleveland Browns
- Baltimore Ravens Key Matchups to Watch for Against Oakland Raiders
- Baltimore Ravens Mid-Week Injury Report for Week 11 Matchup Against Pittsburgh Steelers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mvu