It's that time once again for Ravens101's fantasy football predictions for the week. The Baltimore Ravens hit the road this week, and are coming off of their rout of the Oakland Raiders in week 10, while the hosting Pittsburgh Steelers narrowly escaped the visiting Kansas City Chiefs with an overtime victory. Whether or not abide by or use my predictions is totally up to you as the reader, but one thing is for certain, there is no exact science when it comes to fantasy football.
Here are my top predicted performers at each position for this week's matchup against the Steelers:
- Passing – Joe Flacco - 207 yards with one touchdown and one interception. This week will be a great test to see where exactly this offense is and what strengths it will try to utilize on the road. Pittsburgh has the number one pass defense in the league and I can see it being a low fantasy production day for Flacco.
- Rushing – Ray Rice – 89 yards with one touchdown. A lot of this game will depend on how effective Rice and the Ravens can run the football. Games between the Steelers and Ravens are always hard nose, bust you in the mouth type games, and Rice will have to deliver the blows for Baltimore.
- Receiving – Anquan Boldin – 65 yards with one touchdown. Boldin appears to be Flacco's favorite target and in this type of game, quarterbacks tend to go where they are comfortable, I look for Boldin to lead all receivers this week for Baltimore. Dennis Pitta – 60 yards. Last week we saw a resurgence from the Baltimore tight ends, and the Ravens offense may have found something, look for Pitta to have a solid day.
- Kicking – Justin Tucker – two field goals, a 34 yarder and a 41 yarder. Tucker will have to show Ravens fans that he can kick when the pressure is really on him this week, other than the playoffs, a Ravens kicker will not face more pressure than trying to make meaningful field goals in Pittsburgh.
- Defense – 313 yards allowed, three sacks, one interception. Ben Roethlisberger will be out for tonight's game, and regardless of what anyone says, the Steelers offense is going to struggle with Byron Leftwich at the helm, especially the passing game. Pittsburgh will run the ball effectively, but not have enough through the air to garner a big yardage game. Leftwich's long delivery will allow Baltimore to apply pressure and get a few sacks.
Please keep in mind that these predictions are solely mine and not that of SportsMedia 101. Good luck to everyone in their fantasy football matchups this week.
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRavens101
Follow us on Twitter @BaltRavens101Tags: Anquan Boldin, Baltimore, Baltimore Ravens, Ben Roethlisberger, Football, Joe Flacco, NFL, Pittsburgh Steelers, Ray Rice