It's that time once again for Ravens101's fantasy football predictions for the week. The Baltimore Ravens hit the road again this week, and are coming off of a hard fought road victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers, while the hosting San Diego Chargers come into the game having lost two straight. Whether or not you abide by or use my predictions is totally up to you as the reader, but one thing is for certain, there is no exact science when it comes to fantasy football.
Here are my top predicted performers at each position for this week's matchup against the Chargers:
- Passing – Joe Flacco – 250 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. I see the possibility of this game being Flacco's best road performance of the year as the stadium will not be nearly as loud as others (still 9,000+ tickets available for the game) and the weather is going to be in the 70's with no wind, ideal throwing conditions. Flacco is going to need to be on his game, as I believe the offense is going to have to win this one.
- Rushing – Ray Rice – 85 yards with one touchdown. Rice is going to have a nice day running the football, not spectacular, but a solid day. Look for him to add 20-30 receiving yards as well.
- Receiving – Anquan Boldin – 88 yards with one touchdown. Boldin has been the most consistent offensive performer on the road for the Ravens and today will be no different. Anquan normally just racks up the yards on the road, but I see him getting into the end zone today. Torrey Smith – 75 yards with one touchdown. Smith will likely gain about 45 of those yards on one long pass play, but he will also end up in the end zone today.
- Kicking – Justin Tucker – Two field goals, a 35 yarder and a 52 yarder. Tucker has been solid all year, but did miss a field goal last week in Pittsburgh, which is one of the toughest places to kick in the NFL, but not the case in sunny San Diego, look for Tucker to be perfect today.
- Defense – 425 yards allowed with two sacks and one interception. San Diego produces all sorts of mismatches for the Ravens secondary with their big wide receivers and tight end. Baltimore will need to find a way to get to Chargers' quarterback Phillip Rivers quickly if they want to neutralize their big targets. I see the Ravens defense struggling a little bit today.
I realize I may not be the most popular guy at the moment, but I just can't see the Ravens secondary being able to stop all of the Chargers receiving weapons. Trust me, I hope I am wrong, and its only the third time I have picked against the Ravens this season (New England and Houston).
Please keep in mind that these predictions are solely mine and not that of SportsMedia101. Good luck to everyone in their fantasy football matchups this week.
Ravens101 is currently having our first fan give-a-way, click here for details.
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRavens101
Follow us on Twitter @BaltRavens101Tags: Anquan Boldin, Baltimore, Baltimore Ravens, Football, Joe Flacco, Justin Tucker, NFL, Phillip Rivers, Ray Rice, San Diego Chargers, Torrey Smith