Its that time once again for Ravens101's fantasy football predictions for the week. The Baltimore Ravens play host to their arch rival Pittsburgh Steelers, who have lost their last two, including one at the hands of the Ravens in week 11. Whether or not you use or abide by my predictions is totally up to you as the reader, but one thing is for certain, there is no exact science when it comes to fantasy football.
Here are my top predicted performers at each position for this week's matchup against the Steelers:
- Passing – Joe Flacco – 265 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. Flacco and the Ravens offense lead the league in home scoring average, but are facing a number one ranked Steelers defense. Flacco and the offense were held without a touchdown in their 13-10 victory over the Steelers two weeks ago. I expect Flacco to continue his dominance at home and throw a couple scores.
- Rushing – Ray Rice - 57 yards with no touchdowns. Pittsburgh held Rice to 40 yards on 20 carries in their last matchup and I believe they will continue their attempt to shut down the Ravens best offensive weapon. Do not expect much fantasy wise.
- Receiving – Anquan Boldin – 87 yards with a touchdown. It became obvious in their week 11 matchup that Pittsburgh wants to shut down Torrey Smith and take their chances with Boldin, and I see no reason as to why they would stop now. I expect Boldin to have a big game today. Dennis Pitta – 48 yards with a touchdown. Pitta caught a touchdown pass last week against the Chargers to break his dry spell. Look for Pitta to catch a touchdown today in the red zone.
- Kicking – Justin Tucker – two field goals, a 45 yarder and a 34 yarder. Points are going to be at a premium this afternoon and I look for Tucker to get at least two field goal attempts. Should be a nice fantasy day for Tucker.
- Defense – 263 yards allowed with four sacks, one interception, and one fumble recovery. Pittsburgh turned the football over eight, yes eight times last week against the Cleveland Browns. Baltimore's defense must be licking their chops for this game and I expect the Ravens defense to force a couple turnovers and get a few sacks with right tackle Mike Adams out of the game.
My final prediction for this AFC North rival battle is: Ravens 20 Steelers 10
I am happy to report that I was incorrect in my prediction last week against the San Diego Chargers, as for just the third time this season, I went against the Ravens. I have learned my lesson.
Please keep in mind that these predictions are solely mine and not that of SportsMedia 101. Good luck to everyone in their fantasy football matchups this week and in the upcoming playoffs if you are lucky enough to qualify.
Ravens101 is currently having a fan give-a-way contest, click here for details.
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRavens101
Follow us on Twitter @BaltRavens101
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/nf4