The Baltimore Ravens have lost two consecutive games for the first time since the 2009 season, and things do not get much easier as the Ravens host Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos Sunday at M&T Bank Stadium. This week Baltimore has a whopping 16 players on the injury report, and are really hurting at inside linebacker.
Of the 16 players listed in the Ravens injury report, five were full participants, four were limited, six did not practice and one has already been ruled out for Sunday's game.
- Full Participants – WR Jacoby Jones (ankle), S Ed Reed (shoulder), CB Jimmy Smith (abdomen), WR Deonte Thompson (thigh), and WR Laquan Williams (thigh).
- Limited Participants – TE Ed Dickson (knee), RB Bernard Pierce (back), RB Ray Rice (hip), and LB Terrell Suggs (biceps).
- Did not Practice – LB Dannell Ellerbe (ankle), DT Arthur Jones (shoulder), FB Vonta Leach (ankle), DE Pernell McPhee (thigh), S Bernard Pollard (chest), and G Marshal Yanda (ankle).
- Ruled Out – LB Jameel McClain (neck)
McClain suffered a neck injury during the third quarter of their 31-28 loss to the Washington Redskins last Sunday and his status moving forward for the rest of the season is unknown to this point. With LB Dannell Ellerbe's status still uncertain for Sunday as he has missed the past couple of games, Baltimore really needs Ray Lewis to return this week, who has yet to be placed on the active roster, thus he is not required to be on the injury report. Lewis playing would be a huge help for the Ravens defense as if they find themselves without Lewis and Ellerbe, Baltimore will have to play a rotation of Brendon Ayanbadejo, Josh Bynes, and Albert McClellan as the inside linebackers against Peyton Manning, not a good situation.
Other than Ellerbe, of the did not practice and limited participants, Marshal Yanda's status is the biggest one to watch out for. The Ravens right guard suffered a mild to severe ankle sprain against Washington. Terrell Suggs' status seems much more promising that last week, when he ended up missing the game, but nothing has been made certain on whether or not he will play Sunday against the Broncos. Baltimore is without question banged up, and especially on the defensive side of the ball, which does not bode well when the Ravens take on both Manning brothers in their next two games, but the key is for them to get healthy before the playoffs begin.
Ravens101 will keep you updated on any injury and or game status updates as more information is provided.
Ravens101 is currently having a fan give away, click here for details.
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRavens101
Follow us on Twitter @BaltRavens101
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Baltimore Ravens Mid-Week Injury Report for Week 10 Matchup Against Oakland Raiders
- Baltimore Ravens Week 12 Mid-Week Injury Report
- Baltimore Ravens Mid-Week Injury Report for Week 11 Matchup Against Pittsburgh Steelers
- Baltimore Ravens Mid-week Injury Report for Week 9 Matchup Against Cleveland Browns
- Baltimore Ravens Mid-Week Injury Report for Week 14
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/nts