The Baltimore Ravens are coming off of their third consecutive loss this past Sunday at the hands of the Denver Broncos in a 34-17 defeat, but also lost Torrey Smith and Bernard Pierce that game due to concussions. This week's injury report has a robust 17 Ravens players listed.
Of the 17 players on the injury report, five were full participants, six were limited participants, and six did not practice.
- Full Participants – DE Pernell McPhee (thigh), S Ed Reed (shoulder), CB Jimmy Smith (abdomen), WR Deonte Thompson (thigh), and WR LaQuan Williams (thigh).
- Limited Participants – TE Ed Dickson (knee), LB Dannell Ellerbe (ankle), S James Ihedigbo (neck), DT Arthur Jones (shoulder), FB Vonta Leach (ankle), LB Albert McClellan (thigh/shoulder).
- Did Not Practice – WR Tandon Doss (ankle), LB Jameel McClain (neck), RB Bernard Pierce (head), S Bernard Pollard (chest), WR Torrey Smith (head), G Marshal Yanda (ankle).
Now, lets first put this out there, Jameel McClain is done for the season as he has a spinal cord contusion, but the Ravens have not placed him on injured reserve yet because they do not want to fill his roster spot until they know whether or not LB Ray Lewis is going to play on Sunday. If Lewis does play, Baltimore will simply replace McClain's roster spot with Lewis and they have until 4 pm Saturday to make that call. The very fact that the Ravens have not yet taken McClain off of the active roster is a promising sign that Lewis will play this Sunday.
Both Ed Dickson and Dannell Ellerbe were limited participants after missing the last three games, and both seem to be on a good pace to make their return on Sunday. Neither Dickson nor Ellerbe were committal on their status for this Sunday, but it looks promising right now, especially for Ellerbe, who did work out before the game this past Sunday before he and the Ravens felt it best to sit him out.
The Pro-Bowl guard Marshal Yanda and Bernard Pollard also missed the game against the Broncos after both were injured in the loss to the Washington Redskins, but both are hopeful that they will return this week even though they did not practice yesterday. Lastly, Bernard Pierce and Torrey Smith will have to pass the league's concussion tests this week in order to be cleared to play on Sunday against the New York Giants.
Ravens101 is currently having a fan give away, click here for details.
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRavens101
Follow us on Twitter @BaltRavens101
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Baltimore Ravens Week 15 Mid-Week Injury Report
- Baltimore Ravens Week 12 Mid-Week Injury Report
- Baltimore Ravens Mid-Week Injury Report for Week 14
- Baltimore Ravens Mid-Week Injury Report for Week 10 Matchup Against Oakland Raiders
- Baltimore Ravens Mid-Week Injury Report for Week 11 Matchup Against Pittsburgh Steelers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/o2f