It's that time once again for Ravens101's fantasy football predictions for the week. The Baltimore Ravens are looking to avoid losing their fourth game as well as clinch the AFC North with a victory over the visiting New York Giants. Whether or not you abide by or use my predictions it is totally up to you as the reader, but one thing is for certain, there is no exact science when it comes to fantasy football.
Here are my top predicted performers at each position for this week's matchup vs the Giants:
- Passing – Joe Flacco – 257 yards with two touchdowns, one fumble lost and one interception. Flacco has really struggled lately and I find it impossible to not predict a fumble for Flacco as it seems to be a regularity these days. He should have a better day passing the ball than last week against the Broncos as the Giants pass rush has not been it's typical self this season.
- Rushing – Ray Rice – 75 yards. Rice is going to need to have a nice day today if the Ravens want to have a chance to win. His ability to run early will setup the play action pass for Flacco, which helps buy Flacco time in the pocket. If the Giants score quick and early and the Ravens abandoned the run, it could be another long day for Baltimore at M&T Bank Stadium.
- Receiving – Anquan Boldin – 89 yards with one touchdown. Boldin is quietly having himself a very nice season and has been the most consistent of all of Baltimore's receivers. Look for him to have another solid day. Dennis Pitta – 57 yards with a touchdown. Pitta was one of the few bright spots for an abysmal Ravens offense last week, albeit once the game was out of hand, but he has had a pretty good season as well. I look for him to snag a touchdown today.
- Defense – 325 yards allowed, one sack, one interception, and one forced fumble. The defense comes into this game knowing that they must play better for Baltimore to have a chance in this game. They will need to do it shorthanded though, as Ray Lewis and Jameel McClain will not be playing and Bernard Pollard is doubtful as well. The biggest key for the Ravens defense will be the success of the Ravens offense to keep them off the field. If Baltimore's offense continues their three and out party, the Ravens defense could be in for another long day.
- Special Teams – Justin Tucker – two field goals, a 37 yarder and a 51 yarder. Tucker leads the AFC in field goal percentage as a rookie and should be going to the Pro Bowl, I look for him to add a couple field goals to the resume today. Bold Prediction of the day – Jacoby Jones – Returns a punt or kickoff for a touchdown today, I have a feeling he is going to find his way into the endzone today for the Ravens.
My final prediction for this game between the Ravens and Giants is: Ravens 27 Giants 24
I know Baltimore has been struggling lately, I know they have lost three in a row, and I know today's game doesn't really matter because if they win next week they still win the division, but I believe Baltimore wants to end the losing streak now, and especially at home. Baltimore is getting tired of answering "desperation" questions, I look for the Ravens to return to winning football today.
Please keep in mind that these predictions are solely mine and not that of Sportsmedia101's. Good luck to everyone in their fantasy football playoff matchups this week.
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRavens101
Follow us on Twitter @BaltRavens101Tags: Anquan Boldin, Baltimore, Baltimore Ravens, Dennis Pitta, Football, Joe Flacco, New York Giants, NFL, Ray Lewis, Ray Rice