The Ravens head into Super Bowl XLVII having upset both the number one and two seeds in the AFC as well as defeating the upstart Indianapolis Colts in the first round of the playoffs, and Baltimore has plenty of players to thank; however we here at Ravens101 wanted to point out a select few as our standout performers thus far in the playoffs for the Ravens.
- Joe Flacco – Obviously Flacco is one of, if not the main reason Baltimore will be vying for its second Lombardi Trophy in franchise history in eight days, but his play has to be highlighted. Flacco has thrown for 853 yards, while completing 54.8% of his pass attempts with a robust 9.2 yards per pass attempt. In addition Joe has thrown eight touchdowns this postseason while throwing ZERO interceptions.
- Anquan Boldin – Heading into the postseason it was being questioned on whether or not the Ravens should even bring Boldin back next season, but his performance thus far in the playoffs has been spectacular. Boldin has reeled in 16 grabs for 276 yards and three touchdowns, all of which lead the team. Although Boldin reeled in two long grabs near the sidelines against the Colts, Boldin has been a mainstay over the middle picking up several yards and first downs.
- Bernard Pierce – You may be asking yourself, what? Pierce and not Ray Rice on this list? Let me explain, Pierce has been a great counter punch to Rice and despite having only carried the ball 27 times this postseason, Pierce has rushed for 169 yards, which comes to an average of 6.3 yards per carry. Pierce's ability to run up the middle and physically beat up defenders has been instrumental in wearing down opposing defenses in the second half of football games.
- Ray Lewis – Not only is Ray on his last ride, and not only has he been an emotional lift for this team, but he is playing very well on the defensive side of the football for Baltimore. Ray has not only led his team in tackles every game this postseason, but he has led all players in tackles every game of this postseason! Quite impressive for a guy about to hang it up after the Super Bowl. In total, Lewis has 44 tackles thus far in the playoffs, 18 more than any other Raven.
- Cary Williams/Corey Graham – Williams and Graham have combined for 50 tackles, four interceptions, 80 total return yards off of those interceptions and one touchdown in three playoff games. These two guys have been huge for this vastly improved defense in the playoffs.
We are now just eight days away from Super Bowl XLVII and the excitement around Baltimore is building to all time highs. Continue to check back regularly as we will be having a three part insider report with Mark Ortiz, Editor of 49ers101 to get the inside scoop on San Francisco.
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRavens101
Follow us on Twitter @BaltRavens101
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/p8f