Two weeks ago, the Baltimore Ravens went into Foxboro and beat the New England Patriots to claim just their second ever AFC Championship and secure a spot in Super Bowl XLVII. Seems like that was so long ago, but the time has finally come, as the Ravens will face off against the San Francisco 49ers for the whole nine yards this evening.
The storylines heading into this game are abundant and everywhere, from Ray Lewis's last ride to the "HarBowl"; from Ed Reed in pursuit of his first ever championship to the decision of starting Colin Kaepernick over Alex Smith
Let's take a look at some of my bold predictions and at the end I will give you my final prediction for Super Bowl XLVII.
- Joe Flacco will have multiple touchdowns – Ok, so maybe this is not that bold of a prediction, but I believe Flacco is going to continue his great play this postseason throwing at least two touchdown passes.
- Ray Rice will not score a touchdown – I am not saying that Rice is going to have a bad game, and I am actually saying the exact opposite of that; I believe that Rice is going to have a fantastic game, but he is not going to cross the goal line as I believe the one rushing touchdown that the Ravens do get will come via Vonta Leach.
- Three Baltimore receivers will have five or more catches – Flacco is going to take what the 49'ers defense gives him in this game, and that means a lot of short passes as I believe San Francisco will try and keep the deep threat at bay, thus opening up the middle and underneath routes.
- Terrell Suggs will have more sacks that Aldon Smith – I am not sitting here and telling you that Suggs is going to have a ton of sacks, this prediction is more of the confidence I have in this offensive line right now, and I believe they keep Aldon Smith away from Flacco and hold him to one sack or fewer.
- Ed Reed intercepts a pass from Alex Smith – You read that correctly, I do not know why, but for some reason I feel like Kaepernick is going to get hurt in this game because he has yet to really take a real hit since he took over and this is going to be an old fashioned slugfest. Smith is going to come into the game and Ed Reed is going to make a big turnover for Baltimore.
- Flacco will not win the MVP of the game – I do believe a Raven will win the Super Bowl MVP Award, just not Flacco. For some odd reason I believe that a wide receiver or defensive player will take home the award due to their unbelievable performance, but Flacco will still play well.
My final prediction for this game is that Baltimore will force Kaepernick to throw the ball more than he wants, hit him early and often and eventually force Alex Smith to make an appearance in Super Bowl XLVII. The Ravens will win the NFL Championship Game 27-17 and bring the Lombardi Trophy back to Charm City for just the second time in franchise history.
Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BaltimoreRavens101
Follow us on Twitter @BaltRavens101Tags: Baltimore, Baltimore Ravens, Football, Joe Flacco, NFL, Ray Lewis, Ray Rice, San Francisco 49'ers, Super Bowl XLVII, Terrell Suggs
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pkn